Saturday, September 24, 2011

Sew Crazy Day

Today has been a day to get sewing projects done.  I made a scrappy tutu skirt.  I believe cost me all of $1.50!  Yes, I love free boxes, mainly because anything from a free box is an experiment and if it goes horribly wrong it is OK because it was free to begin with.  The base of the skirt was free, a green jersey knit.  The scrappy over lay is mostly recycled fabrics of sheets, an old silk scarf, an old wrap around skirt, some fabric from the clearance area of Joann's and fabric people have given me.  All I bought was the discount fabric, elastic, and thread.  There is a bargain everywhere I look!!!  This tutu is going in an art show October 14th for the 2nd Friday Art Walk in Springfield, Oregon.  I am looking forward to this event.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The big girl scrappy Tutu skirt

The big girl scrappy Tutu skirt
inspired by http://www.coolpeoplesew.com/

Another veiw of big girl scrappy tutu skirt

Tree of Life

Tree of Life
Finally Finished!

Butterfly Hoodie

Butterfly Hoodie
The butterfly is from an old tee shirt that was too small.

Cool shirt

Cool shirt
First thing she did when she got home was put this shirt on. I guess she likes it.

Another veiw of cool shirt

Another veiw of cool shirt
Here is a picture of the sides. I took a jersey pillow case for the inserts and caps on the shoulder.